Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Did They Play Water Polo or Soccer?

After a beautiful, dry Summer and early Autumn, we finally got some real rain this past Saturday. Normally I would have been happy about it since I have been complaining for months about the lack of rain and that I had to water my lawn and flowers so much. But now, not so much, I was going to have to stand in the rain for two soccer games.

Marcus's game was at 9:00, so I put on my super-stylish snow boots (I hate wet feet!) and we drove to the fields. When we got there, there was hardly anyone there. Half the parking lot was underwater and the fields were soggy. Still the games must go on! We are North westerners, not wusses! Marcus played on the worst field there. Half of it was covered in a few inches of water. When they would kick the ball it would not go where they expected it to go. The players kept falling down and the boys were quickly soaked. Marcus had a blast! I was happy that his game was only 30 minutes and it wasn't windy. I wish I had had my camera with me, but I didn't want it to get wet.

I made Marcus stand out in the rain after we got home so I could run in the house and find the camera and get a picture of him standing in the rain all wet. I know that may sound cruel and mean to you, but I feel that it shows my dedication for capturing every moment of my children's lives in pictures.



A couple of hours later, I was back on the fields for Travis' game. It had stopped raining, and the fields and parking lots had drained a little. I was still wearing my super-stylish snow boots.



This is where Marcus played, half the water was gone by the time I took this picture.

Travis' game was his team's best game so far this season. The two teams were more evenly matched and it wasn't a spankin' for either team. His team won! I also am $20.00 poorer, because he scored a goal. Way to go Travis!



It started raining half-way through his game, but he was happy, wet, but happy.



We enjoyed hot chocolate and baths when we got home. I need to buy myself some duck boots.

1 comment:

Linda said...

The games were awesome! Yeah Travis.