Monday, January 17, 2011

My Negative Weekend



It really wasn't as bad as my title suggests, but I dealt with a lot of negatives this past weekend. Bert's change of command is in three weeks and one of the traditions at the dinner the night before the outgoing skipper's change of command is a slide show of photos of the skipper's life. I have been thinking about this project for a long time and I finally got around to gathering up Bert's childhood, navy career, and family photos. We didn't buy a digital camera until 2003, so there are a lot of negatives to go through.

Since I am a scrapbooking geek, most of my pictures are in scrapbooks. I lifted a few photos out of the books and scanned them, but I use to crop my photos a lot. Bert bought me a scanner years ago that scans negatives, but it is very time consuming. This weekend I multi-tasked on the computer. I scanned negatives, edited photos, organized them into categories, blogged, sold doll clothes, and read blogs about organizing my house all at the same time!


Here are a few beauties I found in the archives.

1996, Bert and Nathan the day Bert came home from his six month cruise.


Bert holding my bouquet


Bert going through naval flight school


Darth Bert


Bert at about 5 years old

2 comments:

Linda said...

THose were fun pictures!

Belladonna said...

What a lovely family you've got :) Your little boy looks like a Xerox copy of his dad.