Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Rest of Summer and Back to School

Alternative title- “Wake Me Up When September  October Ends”

(The alternative title of this post doesn’t really have anything to do with this post, but I like it.)

I have been meaning to post on this blog for a while, but I have a good excuse.

I bought an iPhone.

I have been too busy checking Facebook, playing '”Phase 10”, “Where’s My Water?”, “Cut the Rope” and other important things to be on the computer much.  I may not have the voice mail on my new phone set up, but I am always using my iPhone.

So I got some catching up to do, so here I go.

Summer finally showed up sometime in early August

006

We took the ferry over to Squium one day,

011

and we went to the Olympic Game Farm.

014

022

We fed a lot of different animals (homemade) bread.

025

032

We went to my new niece Stephanie’s blessing.  We also thought about moving to South King County, but that would mean selling our house on Whidbey Island and then I would have to change my blog’s title so it’s a no go for now.

015

On August 10th, Travis had his cast finally removed.  Happy Day!

019

Travis, Marcus, and I went to the Island County Fair.

034

038

040

We said goodbye to our 14 year old Ford Windstar and bought a new Toyota Sienna (no picture yet, but it is light grey and I love it).

041

I killed another houseplant.

043

Nathan turned 16, and had a coed party in our backyard where the lawn didn’t get watered all Summer.

045

046

I got a body transplant.

Wagner Necky

Back to School!  Nathan is in 10th grade, Travis is in 6th grade, and Marcus is in 2nd grade.

005

We did lots of Scout stuff.

021

023

I even did two weekends of Wood Badge training.  I  broke down and bought Scout pants.  I think that will be another post though.

 

Travis started playing the trombone in band.

019

Nathan did cross country.

021

SDIM2986

Yeah! I am almost caught up!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Fun post. Love your photo edit!!