Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 Quiz

Stole this from Tiberon. Feel free to play along...

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Our family went to Disney World in January and I went to a doll convention in September. Two things I have always wanted to do, and they were both in Orlando.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember my last year's resolutions, but probably not. My new resolutions are in my last post.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not really.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. What countries did you visit? Does New England count as a country?

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More self discipline.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Our Disney World trip, Mother's Day (see # 10), the doll convention, Newport in August, and Bert's change of command in August.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? What is your biggest failure? Taking care of my family and gaining weight.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had an appendectomy on Mother's Day, good times!

11. What was the best thing you bought? My Roomba.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? We were all bad and naughty this year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Politicians and the media.

14. Where did most of your money go? To our mortgage, the government, the church, and Jo Ann's Fabrics.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My doll convention.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? Neither, but concerned about a few things. b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, I've gained 10 pounds! c) richer or poorer? About the same, but worried about a possible strike and/or furlough at my husband's airline.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising, of course!

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating and wasting time.

20. How did you spend Christmas? With my little family, it was very nice.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, with blogging.

22. What was your favorite TV program? None right now, but I really like "Cold Case".

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.

24. What was the best book you read? I can't really say, but I did read a lot of books.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Libera and Rock Band 2.

26. What did you want and get? I got my roomba, and Bert gave me a three stone diamond ring for Christmas. He said it is all my past, present, and future gifts for a long time.

27. What did you want and not get? I can't think of anything.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't really have one, but I did like "Twilight".

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 42 in September. I happened to be at the doll convention, so my husband told me "Happy Birthday!"

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Job security and a magical weight loss.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Soccer Mom frump.

32. What kept you sane? My hobbies.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I love Ioan Gruffudd.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The Presidential Election.

35. Who did you miss? The friends that I have lost contact with.

36. Who was the best new person you met? I met many wonderful online friends at my doll convention. (I think that's the 4th or 5th time I've mentioned the convention!)

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Don't trust the government or the media and don't get too comfortable.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. I can't think of one.

See, wasn't that fun?

4 comments:

Erin said...

How fun! I've never heard of Libera - I'm on my way over right now.

Kristina P. said...

Love the header pic! And I completely agree about Vida la Vida.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I need more self-control, too. That would solve all of my problems. Or that's what I like to tell myself, anyway! I love your family photo!

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you on my sidebar.