Friday, November 7, 2008

A Belated Trick Or Treat




I know, Halloween was a whole week ago, but I have been very busy discovering the wonderful world of blogs. Until about 2 weeks ago, I had no use for them. I thought they were places where people posted pictures of themselves drunk and naked. Like usual, I'm behind the times. So I'm playing catch up. But I digress, let me tell everyone about our super, duper, cool Halloween.

We actually had more Halloween fun the Saturday before Halloween. We started the morning with Marcus' last soccer game of the season. Then I drove Marcus and Travis straight to the church for their Primary program practice. Two hours later, I picked the boys up from church and we went home to change into our costumes. The OSC (officer's spouse club) threw an all hands Halloween party at the O'club. I helped out at our squadron's table, while the boys wandered around. I even dressed up! Of course I don't have any pictures of me in my costume, but I might dress up in it again in a day or so, and have Nathan take some pics of me.

After the party on base, we went to our ward's "Trunk or Treat". It was fun to see the kids and parents in their costumes. When we got home I made the boys pay me my "Mom Tax" and we all made ourselves sick on candy.

By Friday, most of the family was sick with colds. Nathan stayed home from school Thursday and Friday. When I told him on Friday morning he wouldn't be able to go Trick or Treating that night if he didn't go to school. He said, "Well I guess I'm too old for trick or treating anyway." What! That was when I knew he was truly sick. He may be 13, but can still pass for an 11 year old. That cut the volume of our take home candy by 1/3. Maybe next year if he still hasn't hit puberty, he will go out with his brothers again.
Friday night, David, Stacie, and the girls came over to our house to go trick or treating with us. We first did our neighborhood. We were the first trick or treaters of the evening. Our neighborhood is very quiet, with a lot of older people. Not very many kids around. At one house the kids rang the door bell and an old lady asked through the door, "Who is it?" My niece Maira answered, "A witch, a flower, a pirate, a hunter, a little cat, and a weird guy."




Here are the witch and the flower

The Pirate

The Hunter

The Little Cat

The Weird Guy


After we finished our neighborhood, we hopped in our minivans and drove over to the coolest neighborhood in town where everyone goes to beg for candy and the boys got even more junk. When we got home, Travis and Marcus were nice enough to share their candy with Nathan. We also had a whole bowlful of candy we were suppose to give away, but we didn't get any trick or treaters. The candy is gone now (thank goodness!), I think I have found most of the costume pieces that the boys scattered around the house. Time to move on to the next Holiday,Veteran's Day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Diane! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love new blogging friends. I have had my blog for a while, but it's only recently that I've started blogstalking and trying to drum up readership. It's fun, but a little too addictive ;-). Guess I need to find that balance.

Anyway, nice blog and cute costumes. I really liked your post about firsts and lasts. I know what you mean. My baby is almost 7, and largely I'm glad, but some things I do miss about really little guys.

"See" you around!

Linda said...

Hey I didn't know I lived in the coolest neighborhood in town!!

Stacie said...

Who in the world is that weird guy?

Nerell said...

May I aks what Mommy Tax is?