Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First and Last Times


Marcus is growing up so fast, my baby will be 5 years old in less than a week. Nathan and Travis both had a younger brother by the time they were four, but that's not happening again. It is so weird to be out of the baby stage of life.

Marcus had a few milestones this fall. My favorite "first" for him was soccer. He started attending soccer games before he was even born, so he was excited to finally be a real soccer player. I must confess, I enjoyed watching his games more than Travis'. The little guys are such a hoot to watch. They run in packs and just try to kick the ball. Marcus had a smile on his face the whole time he played. Some mornings he didn't want to get up early for his games, but by the time he got to the field he was excited to play. He enjoyed having is buddy Tyler on his team and Tyler's dad, Eric was his coach. It was a great season. Next stop- T-ball!







One of his "last times" was his preschool field trip to the pumpkin patch. Sometime during the hayride with his class, I realized this was my last time taking a preschooler to the pumpkin patch. Next year he will be in Kindergarten. I felt very ambivalent about the whole experience. I love it when my children reach a new milestone, but it's also sad when something that I have been doing "forever" is ending, except for changing diapers!



3 comments:

Linda said...

We loved having Marcus on the team. Maybe we can be on the same team for T-ball.

Mom Peg said...

Loved the pictures of Marcus. Wish I could have seen him play. Like the blog. Mom Peg

Mom Peg said...

Happy Birthday Travis. 9 years old. Was glad to talk to you. Will call Monday and talk with Marcus on his 5th Birthday. You boys are growing up to fast. Keep up the good Blog, Diane. Greaaaat job. Mom Peg